Click to Home
Go To Search
Adult Abuse Information
Adult Abuse Information

Missouri’s Adult Abuse Act provides protective relief for victims of domestic violence and stalking. This sheet contains some answers to frequently asked questions about ExParte’s/Full Order’s of Protection.

Do I qualify for an Ex-Parte? Age: Both parties must be 17 years or older or emancipated Relationship: You must now be, or formerly have been any of the following: *Married, *Related by blood or marriage, *Living together, *Have a child in common, *Dating, or *the victim of Stalking. Abuse/Stalking: You must have been abused or stalked.

Having the abusers address or place of employment is also important. For you to obtain a Full Order of Protection the respondent must be served.

Where Can I file at?

You can file in (A) the county where you live (B) the county where the abuser/stalker lives (C) the county where the abuse/stalking happened.

You must file at the county courthouse. Cass County-2501 W. Wall Street Harrisonville, MO (816.380.8500) Jackson County 415 E. 12th St. Kansas City, MO or 308 W. Kansas St. Independence, MO

How much will this cost?

There is no fee for an Ex-Parte

Can I file if I still want the respondent to see his children?

Yes! You can even put on the form no communication “except in regards to the children”. We recommend using a third party for all visitation exchanges.

Accessibility Copyright NoticePhoto Credits Powered by CivicPlus
Proud Past. Bright Future506 Main Street Belton, Missouri 64012   Phone: (816) 331-4331