Click to Home
Go To Search
Permit Information
Fire Protection Permits
Fire Protection Permits are required for the following:
  • Automatic fire extinguishing systems 
  • Fire alarm and detection systems sprinkler picture
  • Fire pumps
  • Battery systems 
  • Compressed gasses
  • Flammable and combustible liquids
  • Hazardous materials facilities
  • LP gas systems
  • Standpipe systems
  • Tent and membrane structures

Most plans are required to bear the stamp of a registered design professional. 

View our Fire Protection Permit Packet.

Recreational Fire & Other Hazardous Condition Permits
Permits are required for open burning, fireworks displays, hot work, tents, and other hazardous conditions or operations.  There are no fee's associated with these permits. 

For more information, please download our Hazardous Condition Permit.

Open Burning Regulations
Permits for open burning (other than recreational fires) for land clearing operations, vegetative waste disposal, or agricultural purposes are available but must meet strict state and local regulations. Most open burning in the city must be done with an air curtain destructor (ACD). The first step in the process is to fill out an application for open burning from the MO Department of Natural Resources (MO DNR) and submit it to the Fire Prevention Bureau for review. That permit application can be downloaded here.

Additional information on MO DNR's open burning regulations can be found here.

If you have any permitting questions, please contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at (816) 331-7969.

Accessibility Copyright NoticePhoto Credits Powered by CivicPlus
Proud Past. Bright Future506 Main Street Belton, Missouri 64012   Phone: (816) 331-4331